Amy Salladay is a family and education attorney with Columbia Family Law Group, LLC. Prior to founding Columbia Family Law Group in 2012 Amy partnered with Dave Knight in what was known from 2004-2012 as Knight & Salladay Law Offices. She began her legal career in 2002 as an associate at Carson & Coil, P.C. in Jefferson City. While in law school she clerked for the Department of Economic Development and also worked at Neuman, Comley & Ruth, P.C. in Jefferson City.
Amy has a psychology degree from Truman State University in Kirksville and while receiving her undergraduate degree interned for then Lieutenant Governor Roger Wilson. Amy was also a field representative to then State Senator Joe Maxwell in the 18th Senate District of Missouri. Amy received her law degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2002. She became a certified court appointed mediator in 2011 and formed Mid-Missouri Mediators Association as a way for fellow lawyers to educate, learn from each other and better hone their mediation skills in family law cases. Amy is a member of the Missouri Bar (Family Law Section), Women Lawyer’s Association of Mid-Missouri, Boone County Bar Association (past secretary and Chair of Juvenile law section), Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, and the American Bar Association.
Amy’s awards include being placed on the 2011 Samaritan Center’s Legal Care Program Wall of Fame for volunteering numerous hours of legal services to those in need, 2014 National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2015 Top 40 under 40 of American Society of Legal Advocates, and 2017-2018 Law Firm 500 Honoree. Over the years Amy has voluntarily spoken as part of DivorceCare at Parkade Baptist Church and the Crossing for people going through a divorce.
Amy’s legal pursuits have expanded into special education law, in large part due to her own experiences navigating the special education system in public school for her own children. She is the only attorney in Mid-Missouri that specializes in special education law. She is a member of the advocacy committee for COMO Septa (Columbia Special Education Parent Teacher Association) and she is also a member of Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA). In 2019, as a member of COMO Septa Amy has advocated for policy changes within Columbia Public Schools that would benefit parents, teachers, and students in the special education system.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Education Law
- Missouri, 2002
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- Truman State University , Kirksville, Missouri
- Major: Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Bar, Family Law Section, Member
- Women Lawyers Association of Mid-Missouri, Member
- Boone County Bar Association, Past Secretary
- Boone County Bar Association, Juvenile Law Section, Chair
- Boone County Bar Association, Family Law Committee
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Association of Missouri Mediators
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Mid-Missouri Family Law Mediators
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates
Past Employment Positions
- Carson & Coil, P.C. in Jefferson City, Associate
- Knight & Salladay Law Offices (2004-2012)
- Carson & Coil, P.C. (2002-2004)